March 8, 2007

Musings, Part One

Although I am supporting the Surface+Transit option for the Seattle waterfront, I sense that the agenda of some of its backers is to reduce road capacity for the purpose of giving drivers no choice but to take transit. I also sense this faction thinks people who say they need to drive are either lazy, or need to lead less hectic lives.

On the other hand, one person's "social engineering" is another person's legitimate public policy goal.

And still another person's "best practice."

Further still, I sense (my finger is on the pulse of The People) that there is a collective civic rush to snap up rail transit systems as soon as possible, before Smart People can invent something that would be more useful. Why is the last real transit innovation the 1901 roll-out of the Wuppertal monorail?

No comments: